Dedicated to detailing the restoration efforts and future traveling adventures.
Craigs List Ad - Purchased Sight Unseen
THEN & NOW
Overall Length 13' Wheel Track 68"
Body Length 10'9" Tire Size 6:00x13"
Width 7' Weight 1365 lbs.
Roof to Ground 7'6" Drawbar Weight 140 lbs.
Road Clearance 11"
Book of Account: YTD Total = $4,863
1) 11/21/09 Paid $500 and picked up Trotwood from Coloma MI
2) 12/5/09 Paid $220 for 2 new Tires, Rim Repair, Break Light wireing repair (drove home w/o lights and found out tires did not hold air & damaged the rim driving on a flat tire)
3) 3/15/2011 Bought new foam for cushions 50% off @ JoAnne Fabrics; cost $175
4) 7/15/2012 Initial estimated cost of $925 for labor to re-frame/restore exterior/interior water damage & re-seal/repair windows. 4/25/13 - updated paid cost including additional labor for interier birch repanneling and cabinet rebuild $1,450, over 100 hours of rebuild clocked so far. Picked up trailer 5/19/13 - final cost was $2,240 ($1,850 labor and $390 in parts, excluding the birch paneling) ---- and I know I got a great deal.
5) 9/6/2012 Purchase of 6 4x8 1/8" birch plywood pannels for interior ceiling/back wall replacement; cost $276
6) 2/18/13 Purchase an additional 4 4x8 1/4" pannels of (Lumber store could not get me the 1/8" pannels) Birch Plywood; cost $118
7) 3/24/13 Repurpose the curtains of the sold Yellowstone into the Trotwood (i.e. Curtains Recycled and Free)
8) 4/23/13 Ordered and recieved new cushion covers from CanvasReplacements.com; cost $278 plus shipping
9) 4/25/13 Ordered/installed retro interior light, 4 exterior marker lights and gas Humphry Globe from VintageTrailerSupply.com, cost $84
10) 6/3/13 Ordered new Deluxe Vintage look Awning (Yellow Hardelot Dickson 8' 9" x 9' w Scalloped Valance, Poles/Tie Downs) from CanvasReplacements.com, cost (including shipping) $472
11) Thanks to Norm & Julia and their family for rolling up their sleeves and giving my little Trotwood a new floor, all rebutaled and fixed windows and a new two-toned paint job. ------ with free labor and a lot of it!!!! Supplies and parts cost $572.
12) Final push to sand and stain and polyurathane the interior and install custom curtains, create pantry shelving. Another $28 in supplies ----- and I am DONE!
2015 Evening Lights
Samson - the Camp Dog
Foot of the Bed
Door Side - as Purchased
SEE THE FRONT FLAT TIRE : - (
Streetside - as Purchased
RED SPOTS ARE OLD TAPE MARKS
Front - As Purchased
YES - THE WINDOW WITH THE DUCKTAPE IS BROKEN
Inside the Door - As Purchased
SMELLED AS GOOD AS IT LOOKED
Interior Back Corner Rot
THIS IS MORE THAN - NEEDS A LITTLE FIXEN UP
THESE ARE IN DECENT SHAPE
Original Curtains - Before they were Tossed in the Trash
Stove - as Purchased
NEEDS A LITTLE ELBOW GREASE
Refer - as Purchased (Icky)
I ALMOST TOSSED COOKIES CLEANING THIS OUT
Original Cushions, Lights and Back Tables
IM THINKING "NEW' CUSHIONS ARE ON THE HIT LIST
View to the Back - after initial cleaning
THE ORIGINAL SINK AND YELLOW FORMICA CLEANED UP NICE